Subject: Re: Bad business: Selling Betas
From: "Eric Gooch" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 1995 08:38:51 +0000

> > From:          [email-masked] (robert hood)

<snip>

> Considering what NewTek did with LightWave 4.0 (not to mention the practices
> of other companies, like MarketingSoft), is the trend in selling Betas a good
> or bad idea?

It's a good idea. Nobody is forcing anyone to work with Beta 
versions of software. As long as it's made clear at the outset 
that what you're selling is indeed beta, the buyer pays his 
money and takes his chances, and it's his choice. If others 
don't want to gamble with a beta, that's their choice, they can 
wait for the final.

I always grab beta versions whenever they become available. I'm 
willing to deal with the vagaries of beta software. Those who 
aren't shouldn't spoil it for the rest of us.

-Eric G.
--
"Eric Gooch" <[email-masked]> sent this message.
To Post a Message           : [email-masked]
Un/Subscription Requests To : [email-masked]
(DIGEST)                 or : [email-masked]
Administrative Items To     : [email-masked]